Spelling homework is to be done in cursive.
Spelling is organized with 4 sheets of paper stapled together and labeled with week #. Each sheet is a new day's homework which will have the new words for the day and test on the back. If you see the word "fix" you must go back and fix your sentence to receive more points. Spelling is to be turned in each day and will be returned to student before going home to do that day's homework.
NEW WORDS …
1. Write each new spelling word 3 times so you have a total of 3
columns of new words using syllable breaks and markings.
2. Write one sentence per new word using 5 or more words per
sentence. (See Weekly Assignment Sheet for sentence criteria.)
* Do not use syllable breaks or markings in your sentences.
* Number each sentence to the left of the red margin line.
* Start each sentence on a new line, to the right of the red margin line.
* Use correct capitalization, punctuation, and grammar.
MISSED WORDS …
3. Write each misspelled word 3 times total using syllable breaks
* Write in neat columns (see example homework in room)